GAP analysis is all about identifying where you are now, where you want to be and the necessary steps to achieve this future outcome. CEO Andre Alford, takes a look at some of the questions and actions you need to take, to ensure your sales performance goes up a level.
Are your competitors racing ahead?
- Consider conducting a conversion cost per customer audit, for each sales channel.
- Which channels cost the least to gain a new customer?
- Do some channels attract higher spending customers than others?
What is stopping your sales growth?
- Identify issues preventing you for expanding your best performing sales channels at a quicker rate.
- Is the lack of resources holding you back?
- Is the lack of skills holding you back?
- Is the lack of product knowledge holding you back?
- Is the lack of money holding you back?
Identify what needs to change
- Identify what skills you and your senior management team need, to support business expansion.
- People management skills
- Technology skills
- Project management skills
What do your employees contribute?
- How much profit do your employees contribute per hour per person?
- Ask them if they have ideas to improve productivity.
Consider alternative solutions
- Can the work be outsourced at a lower cost to your business? Have you shopped around for quotes?
- Is it cheaper to bring in subcontractors? Get in some quotes.
- How does it affect the customer if the work isn’t done at all?
If you would like a 1-2-1 with a Chartered Marketer to explore how to improve your sales, then please book here.