Collecting and sharing your data
Your personal details and any other information supplied by you is what we shall define as personal data for the purposes of this policy.
Regardless of how you have supplied your personal details to us, we will never use or share them without a lawful reason to do so. As a minimum, we’ll use them to deliver the service you wanted to receive.
We will only share your information in the following circumstances:
- It is with the regulatory bodies, including but not limited to the Advertising Standards Authority
- It is with fraud prevention and credit reference agencies
- It is required by law
- It has been authorised by you
- It is provided to other suppliers as required to fulfil our contractual and legal obligations in any service contract between you and us. In addition, these suppliers will only be able to use your personal data to provide the specific service that they have contractually agreed to deliver
How we protect your data
Your data is considered to be an important asset to us and as such we make every effort to ensure the necessary measures are in place to prevent unauthorised or inappropriate access, use, modification, disclosure or destruction of your data. Measures we take to keep your data secure include, but are not limited to:
- Making regular backups of files
- Protecting company file servers and workstations with virus scanning software
- Using a system of passwords so that access to data is restricted
- Allowing only authorised staff into certain computer areas in the company
- Using data encryption techniques to code data when in transit
- Ensuring that staff are only given sufficient rights to any systems to enable them to perform their job function
- Where we use third parties to process your personal data, we require them to ensure the safety of your data by signing a GDPR Compliance Contract
Your privacy is extremely important to us. We’re committed to protecting any personal data you’ve given us, and we comply with all relevant data protection laws.
This means that:
- We take full responsibility for the data we hold about you
- We will protect your privacy at all times
- We will never sell your personal data
- My Marketing Dept Limited (MyMD) will be known as the ‘Data Controller’ of the personal data you provide to us. My Marketing Dept Limited company registration number is 12830196 and its registered address is 85 Great Portland Street, First Floor, London, W1W 7LT United Kingdom
What data do we collect?
The personal data we collect might include the following:
- Name and Titles
- Company name
- Email address
- IP address (Automatically Collected)
- Web browser type and version (Automatically Collected)
- Operating system (Automatically Collected)
- Data regarding what pages are accessed and when. (Automatically Collected)
- Phone number
If you purchase a service from us, your payment card information is not held by us.
We record our calls and other means of communication for the following:
- Quality control and training
- Meeting any legal obligation
- Protecting your vital interests
- Prevention or detection of fraud or crime
- For the legitimate interests of the data controller
- When data is collected
We collect your personal data when:
- You purchase our services provided by us or our service providers
- You make enquiries
- You ask for free advice
- You register for information or other services
- You respond to communications or surveys
- We require additional information from you for validation purposes
- You visit the website
Use of Data
We will retain any data you submit for 6 years. The only exception to this is data submitted as part of a quotation process. This data is only kept for a maximum of three months, provided that the quotation is not converted into an order subsequently.
Unless we are obliged or permitted by law to do so, and subject to any third party disclosures specifically set out in this policy, your data will not be disclosed to third parties. This does not include our affiliates and / or other companies within our group.
Your data may be required by us to assess and analyse, this will help us provide you with the best possible service and experience when using our Website.
Specifically, data may be used by us for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping
- Improvement of our products / services
- Transmission of promotional materials that may be of interest to you, that you have specifically requested
- Contact that you have requested for market research purposes which may be done using email or telephone. Such information may be used to customise or update the website
- Fraud prevention and detection
- Verifying your identity when required
- Contacting you about other similar services of interest that we also provide
Link to other websites
We use Google Analytics, AdWords Remarketing and Session cookies on the www.mymarketingdept.co.uk website.
Who has access to your data
All data we hold about you will be handled and processed by our staff and no other parties will have access to your personal data unless there is a legal or contractual obligation for us to provide them with this.
Please be aware, however, that your data may be stored on a cloud based system (Adobe Creative Cloud) whose servers are located within the European Union.
We will not transfer your information outside the EEA unless it is to a country which is considered to have equivalent data protection laws or we have taken all reasonable steps to ensure the firm has suitable standards in place to protect your information.
My Marketing Dept use the services of other parties for dealing with certain processes necessary for the operation of the business, website and marketing methods.
These Parties include:
- MailChimp (email service provider)
- Monday.com (Workflow management system provider)
- Adobe Creative Cloud (Cloud-based file storage)
- Trustpilot (Consumer feedback platform)
Your privacy rights.
Under the terms of Data Protection legislation, you have a number of rights in relation to the information we hold about you. This includes the right to:
- Ask for a free copy of any personal information we hold about you
- Ask for correction of any information held
- Object to the use of your personal information for direct marketing
- Withdraw any permission you have previously given to us to process your personal data except where this is critical to us fulfilling our contractual and legal obligations
- Complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office at any time if you are not satisfied with our use of your information
- Ask for your personal data to be deleted or removed from our system. Please note that we will let you know if your requested cannot be fulfilled due to legal or regulatory obligations
- Should you wish to exercise any of your rights under the Data Protection legislation please direct all enquiries to the Data Protection Officer available by email at dpo(at)mymarketingdept(dot)co(dot)uk or by writing to Data Protection Officer, 85 Great Portland Street, First Floor, London W1W 7LT Kingdom. Alternatively, you can telephone +44 (0) 3302 235 835.
Changes to our Privacy Notice
© Copyright 2021. All rights reserved. Trademarks include the My Marketing Dept name and the slogan ‘Now Anything’s Possible’. My Marketing Dept Ltd is registered in the UK, company No. 12830196. The registered address is 85 Great Portland Street, First Floor, London, W1W 7LT.